2021-02-06, 14:30–15:00, D.infra
This talk will demo the setup and features of an on-premise software for storing, mirroring, and distributing Ansible Collection and Role content. This is analogous to an on-premise version of galaxy.ansible.com. To get up and running quickly, we’ll be using a pre-built container with pulp_ansible (https://pulp-ansible.readthedocs.io/) and (https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/).
A single container is all that is needed for setup. Once setup, I will demonstrate:
- Creating one or more repositories to store Collections and Roles
- Installing Role and Collection content using the
ansible-galaxyCLI client from these repositories
- Synchronizing Collections and Roles from galaxy.ansible.com
- Uploading Collection content via
- Copying Collections and Roles between multiple repositories, simulating dev -> staging -> production environments
- Perform these operations using a great UI, whenever possible, and APIs otherwise
Brian Bouterse is a Senior Principle Software Engineer at Red Hat. He is a developer on Pulp which is written in Python and manages repositories of software, e.g. rpms, ansible, python, containers, etc.